Sunday, July 11, 2010

FROM THE MAILBAG...

Look what I received in the mail today.

25 June 2010

Mr. Carlos Celdran
Malate, Manila

Dear Mr. Celdran (Carlos)

I would like to express my most heartfelt gratitude for your valuable support during the six months that I have led the Department of Health (DOH). It may have seemed like a short time, but with the wholehearted backing that you have given me, I believe that we have been able to do much in championing the right to health of all Filipinos. It is my sincere hope that, as you have so willingly and tirelessly supported me during my term, you will also extend the same graces to the next Secretary of Health.

Very truly yours,

DR. ESPERANZA I. CABRAL
Secretary

Ah. Always a class act, Miz Espy. Always a class act. And just like that, I will take the good doctor's advice and do as I am told. Dr. Ona. Good luck and godspeed. Don't hesitate to holler if you need anything from me. Word has it that Dr. Cabral is working closely with folks from the UNFPA now. Cool. It's definitely their gain.