Sunday, August 30, 2009

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...


LOOK, BOSS, IT'S DA TREN. IT'S THE TREN...
I thought this day would never come. After decades of living with squatters and a decaying rail system as a permanent scar slicing across my city, I believe things have finally taken a turn for the better. While driving down the northbound side of the South Super Hiway near Magallanes, I was gobsmacked to see the brand new orange and silver rail cars of the newly renovated Philippine National Railways system to my right. And all I can say is "Wow". So cool. Can't wait to take a ride on it from Tutuban Station to FTI in Taguig. Living in a warehouse in Sucat can now feel like a loft in Brooklyn. Then again, maybe not.

See you all onboard.



Some more shots I took on the hi-way. The Makati skyline is behind.

The way the trains looked like a couple of years ago or so.

A close-up shot of the new trains. Apparently, they are made in Korea. I like that they kept the original classic logo of PNR on the front. Well done. Well done. Thanks mithrilcloud.

Now if we can only imagine a train that can take us all the way south to Mayon Volcano and north to Ilocos and Baguio, perhaps we can realize it. And looking at the new trains above, I know that it's not entirely impossible.