Thursday, April 19, 2007

IN MEMORIAM...

MABUHAY KA JULIA...
For the last few years, I have been given the honor of touring the Peace Corps Volunteers around Fort Santiago as part of their arrival initiation program. Great bunch of guys. I can safely say I have never met a Peace Corps Volunteer I didn't like. Which is why it only broke my heart to hear the news about Ms. Julia Campbell. It's always a tragedy when such young beautiful souls are taken away from us too soon. Log on to her blog and read about how much she loved her life here in the Philippines. Her last entry is especially ironic. You can also read an entry from a friend of mine who was with her the day before she disappeared. Log onto Christina's blog here. Leave a testimonial if you knew Julia too.

I now hear there are moves to name a street after her in Albay, the city in Bicol where she worked as an English teacher.

May eternal rest be granted unto her soul in a land that she loved more than most.