Friday, November 03, 2006

AMERICAN POSTSCRIPT...

REPORTING FOR DUTY...
And I'm back. Sorry about that. I just stepped out for a bit to take a cigarette break. On the other side of the planet. For a month.

Yup. I have been on vacation for one month. Wild. It's been four weeks plus since I last made an entry and my blog has fallen off the face of the earth (I am now in Yugatech Philippines' Top Blogs purgatory for my absence - Go ahead. Try to find me). Oh well. La dee da. Nevertheless, I was glad to take a break from all the blogging and the relentless unsolicited opinionating and now here I am, back in front of my keyboard ready to get back to work. Ugh.

Needless to say, all went well on my trip back to the United States to visit friends in New York City (above) and to attend my college reunion in Providence, Rhode Island (below). Moreover, I am also delighted to report that no untoward events happened to me at U.S. customs, no major diseases were contracted during the journey, and nor do I harbor any desire to move back to America at all (It's kinda hard to do walking tours about Manila when one is well, not in Manila). And as pleasurable as it was to spend an entire month just imbibing stimuli and only thinking about a life which existed offline, in real time and in the real world, like all good things, it had to end. Now here I sit in front of my genius of a mouse, ready to thresh out over 300 emails and post about how this current visit to the aforementioned cities stack up to my memories of them and to the city where I currently reside.

To be continued...